Providing Volunteer and Monetary Support
Northeast Bank is committed to supporting the communities in which we live and work through charitable donations, event sponsorship and employee volunteerism.
We currently provide support in the following Maine counties:
- Androscoggin, Cumberland, Kennebec, Knox, Lincoln, Oxford, Sagadahoc, Waldo, and York
Our primary giving focus areas include:
Revitalization of our cities and development of our rural areas is of the utmost importance in Maine. Northeast Bank supports programs that provide affordable housing, encourage entrepreneurs, create jobs, attract new industry and enhance the overall well-being of the state.
The bank supports initiatives in the area of affordable housing, including programs that provide special pricing, discounts on closing costs, grants and other funding scenarios that benefit low to moderate income borrowers.
Northeast Bank supports programs that directly impact and service low-income individuals or families, providing support for unmet basic needs, including: shelter, food, clothing, as well as adult education and workforce development initiatives.
Youth Development & Financial Literacy
Northeast Bank supports programs that foster and develop our youth, including education, work-readiness and financial literacy. In some cases, we also provide support to programs that promote healthy living and overall wellness for children.
At Northeast Bank, we provide charitable donations and volunteers for financial education programs that focus on financial counseling and promote money management throughout the markets we serve.
Northeast Bank provides charitable donations and event sponsorships based on our key areas of focus. Priority is given to those organizations that do business in Maine and are Maine-based.
- Organizations must have current 501(c)3 status.
- Organizations must be located within a 60 mile radius of one of our branches or loan production offices.
- Funding decisions are generally made within 30-60 days of submission.
We do not provide funding for the following:
- Programs serving residents of communities outside our geographic footprint
- Political candidates, lobbying or advocacy organizations
- Evangelizing activities of religious organizations
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
Sponsorship Request Instructions
If your organization meets our Giving Guidelines and you would like to request either a charitable donation OR event sponsorship, please click the appropriate icon below.
All completed applications must be accompanied by:
- Scanned copy of documentation of your organization's valid tax-exempt status (e.g., the IRS determination letter)
- Most recent IRS issued W-9 form (W-9 forms can be found on the IRS website.)
All event sponsorship requests must be accompanied by:
- Scanned copy of event brochure or materials
- Detailed listing of sponsorship benefits and deadlines
Questions about our application, process and volunteer efforts can be directed to COMMUNITYRELATIONS@NORTHEASTBANK.COM.